Sunday, April 11, 2010

Geneva, no not the company.

i think this is pretty swell, dont you?
good ol' swiss flag
a cool little swiss town
out at the race track
geneva
Okay.
As of now, I have re-written this blog entry 7 times due to lack of imagination right now. Everything I write just looks dumb. What the heck! Sorry if this entry is confusing or dull or stupid and whatnot. My thought process is kind of lacking right now.

So last night we spent the night in Geneva, which is in Switzerland. Geneva is the largest United Nations capital outside of their headquarters in New York. They have massive important international meetings there, and it's the first place we've ever been where we've thought that something big could happen while we there. But don't fret, nothing happened there. The room we stayed in was fantastic, and the breakfast this morning was delicious.
We didn't get to the city until late last night, so we didn't really get to see much of anything since it was dark. But seeing everything lit up in the city was pretty cool.

Yesterday we spent like, half of the day in the car. That sounds so awesome, ya?
NO.
It stunk. Alot.
Literally. My dad got these potato chips, and ya know what the flavor was?
CHICKEN AND THYME.
Every time he opened the bag, it was like a new awakening of some kind of beast. Grossest food I have ever smelled.
Honestly.

So we drove and we drove, admiring the beautiful country side, blahblablah. And then the chips were gone, we were low on fuel, and we had to stop to use the "facilities", if you catch my drift. Which you do, of course. So we stopped and got out and stretched our legs, and picked up some (less smelly) snacks.

Something about European gas stations is that they have these little sandwiches in the refrigerator section. Sometimes they're good, and sometimes they are just plain nasty.
Can you guess which kind we got?

Ya, we got the nasty kind. I had this sandwich that had ham and cheese and mayonnaise on it? It was probably the grossest thing I've had in a while. I couldn't even finish the second half. My parents had these like, submarine sandwiches with turkey and mayonniase and mustard and lettuce and whatnot on them. My dad couldn't even finish half of his, and my mom didn't finish all of hers either. And when our family can't finish something, you know it must be nasty.

I guess I'm kind of getting ahead of myself. I forgot a major detail to put before that paragraph. But it's so long, and I don't want to erase it, so here's what happened before we got in the car for 959040 hours.

There's a series of car races out there called the Le Mans Series, (it's pronounced leh-mah, not lee mans). It's a series of car races, obviously, and the winner and the runners-up automatically get entry in to a race in the next year that lasts 24 hours. Serious. 24 hours of driving on a race track. But don't worry, it's not all one driver. They have several drivers that switch off during the course of the race so the others can rest and sleep and blahblablah. The Le Mans series is big in Europe, just like Formula 1, but they also have an American version called the American Le Mans.
So anyway.

They have this race track in France called the Paul Ricard Circuit, and it was only 45 minutes from our hotel in Aix-en-Provence. I would just like you all to imagine my dad's reaction when he figured this out. If you know my dad at all, you can probably imagine it. I guess he found out that the race was going on this weekend on one of the racing websites he goes on, and when he found out, the first thing that came out of his mouth was, and I quote,
"Annie, we may have hit the jackpot here! We are totally going to this racetrack!"
So after talking my mom into it, we headed up to the race track and watched these cars qualify. The cars I'm talking about aren't like the normal sissy race cars you see all over the place. They're called
SUPER CARS
and they're these suped-up race cars with massive engines. Totally wicked. This was our once-in-a-lifetime-have-to-do-it-right-now kind of experience. When would we be able to see cars racing in Europe? Right, never.
So we went to the race track, and the cars were just qualifying to enter the race, but it was still awesome none the less. We stayed and enjoyed the 75 degree weather for a couple hours, and then hopped back in the car. (Now the first paragraph comes back into play.)

So let's get to today.
We woke up in Geneva, and got on our way. Our hotel was a couple blocks from the big lake in Geneva, so we walked to it, and almost turned into ice cubes. It was soooooo cold, and the wind was blowing 450090 miles an hour. Not even exaggerating. So we went to lake, and spent .3 seconds there, and then left. Then we hopped in the car AGAIN so we could get to our next stop, Luzern, Switzerland.

So now I'm sitting in the hotel, and I finished my Vanilla Frappuccino from Starbucks and my chicken mcnuggets from McDonalds. That must mean that it's time to quit, right?

So now I'm going to go get some more chicken nuggets, as it has been at least 3 hours since I last ate.
Hey, don't judge. I'm just a growing girl who freaking loves to eat!

-Annie

p.s, since I'm going to eat, I will put pictures on after my return, if the picture uploader works. which it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment