Monday, April 12, 2010

Sweet, sweet bread.

Switzerland has THE BEST FREAKING BREAD YOU HAVE EVER TASTED.
(I capitalized that and bolded it, so it must be delicious:)

So we drove through Switzerland to get to Innsbruck, Austria, and along the way, we had a ton of bread. And the bread here is nothing like you have ever seen. It's so ridiculous delicious! I don't even know how to describe it. I'd bring some back for you guys, but I'm afraid I'd eat it all before I got it back to the states...
But now time for the boring stuff.

So we drove and drove through Switzerland, and I almost died of boredom, like I thought my heart rate was going to stop from being so bored.

Switzerland is a really pretty country, all green and countryside-ish. Ya know. Just like every where else in Europe!
But we drove and then we stopped in this place called Lichtenstein. (Pronounced Lick-den-stine, but you gotta get a little rasp on the -ick part, like your hawkin a loogy)
Lichtenstein is one of the only places with a reigning Monarchy, so it's goverment is just like England's. Lichtenstein is it's own sovereign state, so it's not technically part of Switzerland or anywhere else. They're like their own little island floating around in the great scheme of Europe.

So we partied there for a little while, and then continued on our drive to Innsbruck. Just for future reference for you guys, Austria has 35465768675453 tunnels, and they are all at least 3 miles long. So you go through a super long one, and then you're like, "oh good, there's no more tunnels." And then you go down the road 300 feet and then there's another one! My goodness! But they're cool, nonetheless, so it's all right.

I think the United States could take a lesson on roadways from these European guys. They're roads are so smooth and the tunnels take you THROUGH the mountain, so you don't have to blow half of the mountain up to get a road to go over/through/around it. There's also a lot less crashes on the roads. I think the reason for this is that there isn't really a speed limit on most of the roads, so people aren't trying to go faster than the person next to them. Something else that needs to be learned.

Speaking of driving, guess who get's their learner's permit on Monday!(:
woo!

Well, that's all for now.
Innsbruck is cold, but cool.
Tell you more tomorrow.

-Annie

p.s, pictures later, i have to get them loaded.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, I like bread. I can just imagine your mom sniffing her bread before she bites into it. :) Puts a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, Annie, Annie!! Advice from grandmother:
    DO NOT BE BORED!! Someday you will look back on this experience and say to yourself "Gee, I wish I had noticed every single thing I saw". It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience, so live every minute of it!! Time will prove me correct.
    Love, Grammy H.

    ReplyDelete