Sorry I forgot to write yesterday everyone. I know that once again, you were anxiously awaiting my next entry. Well you don't have to wait anymore. Here we go.
Yesterday we were in the city of Venice. For those of you who don't know, it's in Italy, and it's built right in the ocean. Crazy, huh?
We spent the day in Venice, and everything there is extremely pricey and designer.
The way it works in Venice is that you can walk to your destination, or you could have a water taxi (just a dude that drives a boat that takes you around), or you could even have a gondola (you know, those things in the French movies where the guy is standing on the back whistling and rowing the boat while the romantic couple is sitting ahead smooching). Gondolas are super expensive, and walking would take forever, so we took the water taxi. It's a really cool experience to be able to see the whole city from the water. Definetly a must see.
After we got done in Venice, we got in our car and made the drive to Maranello, Italy. This city is where Ferrari was born. My dad and I were looking forward to this part the most, and for good reason. The actual Ferrari factory is right within the city limit, and it's pretty much what the town was built around. The factory is huge, and as much as we would have like to go in and tour it, we couldn't. So we went to the Ferrari Museum, and it was very cool. My dad and I have had our eyes out for the new Ferrari 458 Italia, which pretty much replaces the f430. They're not released in the United States yet, so we were keeping our eyes out for one. And much to our delight, they had a yellow one in the museum. That has been the highlight of the trip for me so far. I had never seen one in person until that morning, when a red one flew past us on the way into town. I thought my dad would never start breathing again. It was truly a miracle sent from above! So we saw the red one on the way in, and the yellow one in the museum. I though that would be the last of our 458 sightings, but I was wrong.
We were going around a round-about, and we pull out, and BAM! a black 458 streaks past the corner of our vision. So my dad of course starts to chase it down the road he thinks it went down. Now something you have to understand is that we rented a Volvo station wagon, and that thing's get up and go must have got up and went. We pulled down the road, and not to our surprise, the car was no where to be seen. So bummer on that one. But wait, there is more to the story.
We're driving down the main drag, and just as we go by an auto body shop, I see what looks like the headlights of the 458. I tell my dad, and he of course turns around. And then he saw it. It was like a kid who had just seen a candy bar on the counter with his name on it. His eyes got all wide, and he just took it in. There, in the garage, was a classic Ferrari red 458. We slowed down and he checked it out, and again I though he wouldn't start breathing. Another miracle!
So we trekked back to our hotel, and we stayed the night there. Our hotel was this cute little place in the back part of town. It was impossible to find, but when we did, it was a glorious night. We spent the night there, and I'll tell you the rest in the next post. This one is too long.
-Annie
p.s. the stupid picture thing wont work AGAIN! and i just put pictures on the other one. i'll try again later!
No comments:
Post a Comment